26.8 C
Leyte
Sunday, June 16, 2024

Oging Mercado withdraws from congressional race

Last October 23, 2021, Southern Leyte Lone District Representative Roger “Oging” Mercado withdrew his candidacy for Congressman in the 2022 national and local elections. He was recently appointed as Secretary of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), replacing Mark Villar who is now running for senator.
From the Panan-awan airport, Secretary Mercado together with Maximo L. Carvajal, Undersecretary for Technical Services, Antonio Molano Jr., Assistant Secretary for regional operations in Visayas, NCR, and Region IV-B, Roberto Bernardo Undersecretary for regional operations in Visayas NCR and Region IV-B, and Maria Catalina Cabral, Undersecretary for planning, PPP and information management service, were graciously welcomed by public officials led by Governor Damian Mercado and mayors. They proceeded to barangay Laboon, the birthplace of President Duterte, and met with one of the president’s classmates.
Secretary Mercado also visited the Provincial Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Office, where he withdrew his Certificate of Candidacy as Representative of District 1, Southern Leyte. During the ambush interview, Mercado said that after he received a call from Malacañang Palace, he stated that his wife, Luz Mercado, who had filed her Certificate of Candidacy as Representative for the first District, will continue the objectives he had set.
Mercado, in his message, will continue the “Build, Build, Build” program legacy of the government. Referring to the province of Southern Leyte, he said that so far there are 130 projects and some are yet to be accomplished. The construction of farm-to-market roads in far-flung areas in Southern Leyte will also be prioritized. (R. Cabodbod)

Related Articles

Trending Topics